TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR DOUBLE-GATE FARM – ONLINE & DIRECT BOOKING
Upon completing your booking, our automated system will promptly send you an email confirming your payment and providing you with a receipt. This email acknowledges the binding agreement you have entered and holds you accountable for the full cost of your holiday. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that prevent your attendance, our cancellation policies will apply. For your peace of mind, we recommend obtaining cancellation insurance that best meets your specific needs.
1 PAYMENT TERMS
1.1 B&B Direct Booking: £50 deposit on booking. Balance due when you are here.
Same-day bookings must be paid in full on arrival or at the time of booking. The first 2 occupants are charged at the adult rate.
OTA Booking deposit due 3 weeks prior to arrival.
1.2 Self-Catering: 25% on booking. Balance due 6 weeks prior to arrival.
2 Cancellation by You
If you need to cancel your reservation, simply submit a written request at your convenience. Keep in mind that any refunds you receive may be subject to deductions as specified in the terms and conditions. If you booked directly with the Owner, please send your cancellation request in writing. For third-party bookings, please reach out to the provider through which you made your reservation to cancel.
Cancellation Inside the Cancellation Window
2.1 Direct Booking B&B: if more than 14 days before the start of your booking we will offer full refund less a £25 admin charge.
OTA B&B Booking: if more than 21 days before the start of your booking we will offer full refund.
2.2 Self-Catering: if more than 42 days before the start of your booking, we will refund in full less a £50 admin charge.
Any such refund in clause 2.1 or 2.2 will be made within 14 days of written confirmation of your cancellation.
Cancellation Outside the Cancellation Window
2.3 B&B: less than 14 days before the start of your day full amount is due.
OTA B&B Booking less than 21 days before the start of your day full amount is due.
2.4 Self-Catering: less than 42 days before the start of your stay full amount is due.
Any refund issued on a short notice cancellation may be subject to costs incurred in preparing your holiday and be dependent upon our ability to find a replacement booking.
2.5 If we do secure a replacement booking you will be entitled to a refund to the value of your booking less admin fees and any difference between that paid by the replacement booking and the original booking. Any refund made under this clause will only be made when the replacement booking is paid in full.
2.6 With exception to cancellation windows above, we will not refund any booking fees paid in the event of your cancellation for a Force Majeure Event. It is your responsibility to ensure you have adequate travel insurance in place.
3 Cancellation by Us
- If the offer of the accommodation offered by Double-Gate Farm is prevented by a Force Majeure Event other than Covid travel restrictions as above, we will offer you either: a full refund/alternative holiday dates, or a mutually acceptable remedy appropriate to the circumstances.
4 Covid Cancellation
If you are unable to travel due to a national lockdown; if you are put into a tier where you are unable to travel; or if we are put into a tier where we are unable to accept you, we guarantee that we will either fully refund you or move your holiday to a non-refundable mutually acceptable new date. If the date change is to a higher nightly/weekly rate, then the difference will be chargeable.
Except for the specific circumstances noted above any other cancellations are covered in our general policy.
- B&B: Guests booking direct may arrive earlier at no extra charge from 3 pm.
- B&B guests booking through a Third Party may arrive from 5 pm. Check-in closes at 6 pm.
- Self-Catering: guests booking direct may arrive from 4 pm. Guests booking through a third party may arrive from 5 pm. Check-in closes at 6 pm.
- Late arrivals after 6 pm may have to self-check in, the Owner will liaise prior to arrival.
- In extreme instances check-in may be delayed at short notice. Arriving guests will be notified as soon as possible.
- You undertake to take care of the property that you are renting and will pay for anything damaged or lost. You undertake to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition.
- if more than acceptable cleaning is required after your departure, we reserve the right to make an additional appropriate cleaning charge to cover the cost.
- guests are liable for the full replacement cost of bed linen ruined by fake tan/hair dye/or bleach type substances contained in items such as acne cream/facewash.
- guests will be held liable for the replacement of any keys lost/not returned and subsequent replacement of door locks if locks need to be replaced through failure to do so.
- guests will vacate the room/cottage and return the keys by 10 am prompt and settle any outstanding fees prior to your departure.
- if departure is delayed (after 10 am) and prevents our housekeeping team from entering the property, a late departure fee of £50 will become payable.
6 Fire Safety at Double-Gate Farm
- We need to know how many resident guests are potentially on-site at any time. Only guests declared on the registration forms are permitted to use the accommodation.
- Candles and other naked flames are prohibited.
- We are a no-smoking site, both cigarettes and vaping.
- Tampering with any fire detection equipment on the Property, including smoke/heat detector heads and fire extinguishers, is strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to act against any guest who does so. Any repair costs incurred by Double-Gate Farm because of such actions will be charged to the Guest, and they may be asked to leave the premises.
- It is expected for guests to bring phones/laptops/handheld game consoles/hair straighteners with them. Other electrical items are not allowed.
- If you have vital medical equipment, ie. a CPAP, Dialysis Machine or Electric Wheelchair that needs an electrical supply please inform Double-Gate Farm prior to arrival and ensure that it is safe to use.
- No charging or storage of electric bikes in your accommodation.
- There is no option for charging electric cars at Double-Gate Farm. The nearest fast charging station is located at Morrisons in Glastonbury.
- No electronic devices to be left on charge unattended during the day or overnight.
- Self-caterers are to follow the instructions provided when using the log burner.
- Do not block Fire Exit doors.
7 Access Statements
Before making a booking, we kindly request that you review the online access statements. If you have any questions about the layout of your accommodations, please don’t hesitate to ask. By agreeing to our terms and conditions, we assume that you have read and are satisfied with the suitability of the accommodations for all members of your party.
Roll-in shower chairs/toilet seat risers/highchairs can be provided at no additional cost.
Prices include bed linen in accordance with the number of guests staying per booking. If an extra put-up bed is required there is an additional charge to cover the provision of bed/bedding/towels.
- Self-Catering guests are provided a change of bed linen/towels for stays of more than 7 days.
- B&B guests are provided fresh towels/bed linen if required every 4 nights.
- As part of our service, we cover the costs of central heating, electricity, and hot water. For safety reasons and to conserve resources, we reserve the right to enter rooms when they are unoccupied to:
- turn off any electrical items such as lights and TVs that have been left on during the day.
- close windows that have been left open in bad weather.
- to retract the patio dividing blinds in bad weather (Riverside Accommodation only).
9 Wi-Fi/Smart TV Streaming Services
Wi-Fi is provided on an ‘as is’, fair usage basis.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee that our service is completely free of faults or suitable for any particular purpose, nor can we ensure that our system is completely secure. As the user of this service, you assume all responsibility and risks associated with using it. We advise against using this service to transmit or receive confidential information or data; if you choose to do so, you do it at your own risk.
- We do not examine the use to which you put the service or the nature of the information that you send or receive.
- We strive to ensure our service is consistently available, however, interruptions, limitations, or curtailments may occur due to line repair work, transmission issues, or equipment failures beyond our control. It’s important to note that we do not offer financial compensation for unexpected Wi-Fi unavailability.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the service.
- Do not use Wi-Fi service to send/receive emails/documents/messages which:
- are defamatory/threatening/intimidatory/harassing.
- contain obscene/profane/abusive language or material. Civil and criminal liability can arise from interception of emails and extreme care should be taken to ensure that this does not happen.
- contain pornographic material.
- contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex/race/religion/colour/origin/age/physical or medical condition or sexual orientation.
- contain material that infringes any third party’s rights, including intellectual property rights.
- in reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner we carry out our business or are otherwise unlawful or inappropriate.
- music/video/pictures/text or other content on the internet that are copyright works and that you should not download unless you have been authorized by the owner.
- parents who wish to allow their children to access the Wi-Fi provision should supervise such access and use. By authorizing their use, they have access to the full service. It is the parent’s responsibility to determine which services are appropriate for their child and monitor them accordingly.
- guests must not use the service in any way to engage in any activity which constitutes a criminal offense.
- guests agree and acknowledge that we may be required to provide information to assist with law enforcement and inquiries. We may keep a log of the IP addresses of any devices that access the internet and the times/dates that they do so to assist the authorities in these matters.
- You agree to compensate us fully for any claims or legal action made against us by someone else because you have used the service in breach of these terms & conditions.
- Upon departure, guests are responsible for ensuring that they have logged out of any personal streaming accounts, such as Amazon or Netflix, on our smart TVs. It is important to note that Double-Gate Farm cannot be held liable for any financial losses incurred if subsequent guests use the previous guest’s account due to failure to log out. If you have forgotten to log out before leaving, you can easily do so remotely from the comfort of your home.
- Our Use of Your Information
- One adult lead guest per room/cottage is legally required to complete the Guest Registration Form on arrival. We may be required buy UK law to disclose your contact information for Track & Trace in the event of a local Covid-19 outbreak.
- With your consent we may use the contact details you give us solely for the purposes of contacting you with marketing information/offers relating to our business.
- Any data collected is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act and any approved mailings comply with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
- Whilst we do not seek to limit our responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation or if you are injured or die as a result of our negligence we have no responsibility to compensate you for any direct financial loss/loss of profit/revenue/time/anticipated profit or revenue/opportunity/data use/business interruption/loss arising from exposure of confidential information in connection with using the service or inability to use or access the service at any time.
- Left Property
Inspect your accommodation before departing and remove all personal belongings. Any left items will be kept for a period of 6 weeks, after which they will be disposed of. If you happen to leave something behind and we can locate it, we will assist with its safe and prompt return. You will need to arrange a Royal Mail collection; this can be easily organised online.
The owners reserve the right to enter the property at any time should maintenance or other circumstances make it necessary to do so.
It is the responsibility of the lead guest to ensure that all members of their party agree to the terms and conditions for using the Games Room, Guest Lounge, Garden, and Car Park. Non-compliance with these rules will result in the withdrawal of access to these facilities without compensation. We kindly remind you that the use of these facilities is at your own risk, and the owners or staff cannot be held liable for any accidents or damage to personal belongings. Furthermore, the owners will not be held responsible for any accidents, damages, losses, or injuries that may occur.
The garden/parking facilities will also be used by Tea Room customers during opening hours.
- Swallow Barn Log Burner: for Self-Caterers the first basket of logs is included. Subsequent baskets of logs are chargeable at £10/basket. This facility is not available for B&B guests.
- Any toiletries removed from guest rooms will be charged to the guest at full RRP.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for their children at all times and are expected to supervise them accordingly. If any babysitters are booked, the agreement is between the Guest and Babysitter.
If you come across any issues during your stay, kindly inform the Owners immediately. This will enable them to promptly address the matter. It is important to note that any complaints registered after the conclusion of your stay or if the Owner was not notified of the issue during your stay will not be entertained.
Most accommodation at Double-Gate Farm is pet-free to cater to guests with allergies or in need of pet-free options. We do occasionally allow a well-behaved dog at a nominal fee (no cats) in specific rooms at our discretion subject to the following guidelines:
- no puppies (under 1 year old)
- pets must not be left unsupervised in the accommodation.
- pets are not permitted in the Dining Room.
- pets are not allowed on the furniture.
- pets must be on a lead when outside on the property.
- pet toileting to take place off-site, be picked up & bagged, and disposed of in our green refuse bins.
- Official Guide/Assistance Dogs are warmly welcomed at no extra cost and are permitted to stay in areas that are typically not pet-friendly, including the Dining Room. Their legal status supersedes any previous terms and conditions. Emotional Support dogs are not included in this category as not officially recognised.
As the booker, the Lead Guest confidently confirms that they have organized the booking on behalf of the entire party and that all guests are aware of the Booking Conditions. It’s important to note that only declared guests on the Registration Form are permitted to stay in the accommodation, and no visitors from outside are allowed. Any breach of this policy without the Owner’s knowledge will result in a contract violation and may lead to the termination of the booking, with all due payments forfeited. With the deposit made, the Guest affirms that they are above 18 years old and have agreed to the terms and conditions mentioned above. The Lead Guest takes full responsibility for all costs incurred during the stay.